$1000 is available for a family literacy/engagement event.
Any educator who is a member of the Kentucky Reading Association. Applicants that are not current paid member of KRA will not be considered.
Applications due: 5:00 PM EST on March 31, 2020
Grant awarded: April 2020
How to Apply
The application consists of a rationale for the event, description of the event, how it will be implemented and how its effectiveness will be measured. A proposed budget for the event, including an itemized budget with brief rationale for planning, books, resources and supplies that benefit children and their families must be submitted.
Applications must be authored by the educator implementing the project.
Winning grant proposals demonstrate:
- Creativity in designing a relevant event for students and/or families involved;
- Clearly defined and reasonable project ideas that contribute to good literacy practices;
- Direct benefit to students, school, families and/or community which can be measured and replicated for benefit to others;
- Inclusion of at least one community partner
- Encouragement of a love of reading;
- Objectives aligned to Kentucky’s newly revised standards
Note: Priority will be given to those teachers who are willing to share their knowledge and experience of the benefits of this grant through intent to submit a proposal to present at the KRA Annual Conference, write a brief article for the KRA newsletter, or submit an article for the KRA journal.
Project Completion and Appraisal
Within 30 days of the completion of the event, each educator is required to send a copy of the event receipts and a written appraisal of the project.
The appraisal must include:
- What impact did your event have? Please include impact on children, families, and communities.
- What could you do to sustain this event?
- Copy of receipts
If an appraisal is not received, the educator will be ineligible for future grants.
NOTE: Receipts or PO’s and written appraisals are due within 30 days of the event.